Thursday, June 30, 2011

Great weekend at the dog shows

I had a great weekend at the Cambridge, MN shows.  There are four shows at one site.  Often times the weather is so hot, but this year it was as perfect as one could ask for.

In the rain on Wednesday, I did laundry, packed, loaded and washed a large number of dogs.  I did not get on the road until about 2.5 hours later than I had planned, but everything worked out.


Thursday, Gretchen and I headed to the dog show bright and early to help by stewarding.  The temps were quite chilly.  The club was quite proactive in providing handwarmers and gloves!  Papillons showed in the afternoon.  I was thrilled to have Loteki In The Heat Of The Moment win WB, BOW and BOS for a major.  She completed the requirements for her championship.  Asia has become one heck of a show dog!  I also had entered Nelson, (CH Loteki For The Good Of Mankind), who was Select Dog.


Friday morning dawned overcast but a bit warmer.  Min Pins were at 8:15, so we left about 6:40 for the shows.  Papillons were about 2:00, we managed to set up a washing station and give the Papillons a bath and blow dry, through the courtesy of some wonderful dog show friends.  Today was another great day, as Loteki Rose To The Throne was WD, BOW for a major, his second!  BOB went to Nelson for a second major towards his Grand and Asia was BOS for her first major towards her Grand Championship!  Nelson got a pull in the group, which is always nice!


Saturday morning dawned partly cloudy and another day on the road to the show by 6:45 a.m.  The Min Pin specialty was Saturday night, but we had to set up their raffle, which is always a fun time with some really nice prizes!  After getting the raffle set up I went off to steward for a couple hours in one of the hound rings.  Papillons were again mid-afternoon.  WB was Loteki Touch A Rose for a major!  YEA, Gina!!!  Nelson was Select.  Asia was BOS for her 2nd major towards her grandchampionship!  Kelli Alseth had driven down so I was able to visit a bit with her!  It's been far too long! 


I had my first judging experience and judged the BBE group!  Although initially I had butterflies in my stomach, it went well.  My BBE group winner was Lisa Pertile's Phalene bitch, Alasera's Catch Me If U Can OA OAJ.   


The Min Pin specialty was after BIS, so after picking up and putting tables away, it was 7:45 p.m. when we drove back home.  We bathed my Papillons and crawled into bed about 11:30 p.m. 


Sunday morning dawned far too early.  I headed off to steward for a couple hours. While I was stewarding, the Alseths did a bit of puppy sitting.  After stewarding, I walked out to see the Alseths who had brought their motorhome.  It was great to see Jeffrey, who had been shooting a wedding on Saturday.  We visited a bit and then we went out to shoot some photos of some of my kids.


Papillons were on again about 2:00, by this time Kerstin Hokanson showed up with Kate Gustafson, whom I had not seen in a very long time!  Henri was WD for two points, with both, Nelson and Asia winning the Selects!  One more point to complete his championship requirements!


What a great weekend.  The weather was wonderful.  The people were fabulous and it did not hurt to go home with three majors, a new champion, and two dogs well on their way to their Grand Championships!  BUT it was so good to get home and sleep in my own bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers