Saturday, February 26, 2011

Agility news

From Cheryl Brown (TN) - "We went to agility trials last weekend in Cumming, GA.  Her Loteki Total Windfall, a.k.a., Felix needed 5 Standard Q's and 3 Games Q's for his TACh3. There were 6 Standards offered and 4 Games. So, Fee had to Q in Standard 5 of the 6 runs and in all 3 of the Games to finish his title.

Saturday, Fee Q'ed the first game, Connect the Dots. He Q'ed the first Standard run. He Q'ed the second Standard run. He Q'ed the next game, Quidditch. Then, he was 2 seconds overtime in the 3rd Standard run. The pressure was on. He had to be perfect on Sunday to get the title.

Jackson with his HIT rosette

On Sunday, the first class was his third game. He had to Q. It was Dare to Double or Triple where the A-frame is the doubling obstacle and the weaves are the tripling obstacle. Felix is as reliable as the day is long and will never miss a weave pole. But, he isn't fast so we went for the triple. I planned to do the weaves three times and then head across the ring over one jump and then the A-frame and to the table to stop the clock. Great strategy for Fee and he would have Q'ed and made time. Then, the brain glitch occurred! After the weaves, Fee went around the jump and I let him. He took the A-frame and another jump and went to the table. NQ! AAAAARGH! The rules (that I forgot) said that you had to take an obstacle between the tripling and the doubling obstacles. So, he had to take that jump. If I had been thinking (and I wasn't), I could have gone back and fixed it and asked him again to take the jump, then take the A-frame and we would still have had enough time to Q. ALL MY FAULT!

Then, he Q'ed on the next two Standard runs. So, he needed one Standard and one Game for the title. Do I enter him in the distance challenge game to see if he can do it and keep alive the possibility of the TACh3 yesterday? I looked at the course. I walked the course. I decided that I didn't want to be so far away from Fee on the A-frame without being able to be in front of him. So, no TACh3 yesterday. He Q'ed the last Standard run of the day. So, that one brain glitch cost him the title yesterday. He was perfect. I wasn't.


Another trial next weekend, he should Q on the first game and get his TACh3.


Jackson had a great weekend too. He also went 7 for 9 with two Standard first places and he went High in Trial on Saturday."

Sounds like a great weekend to me!  I hope your next trial is successful and Felix earns his TACh3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers