Monday, August 1, 2011


It's HOT!  This is my last week at home.  Next Monday, I'll be getting back into the swing of things at work!  What a great 7 weeks it has been!
I left on Thursday morning for Ohio.  It was not a good start with everything I touched spilling or falling apart!  I hate mornings like that and they seem to happen when I am in a hurry most!
On the road shortly after 9, I drove to Bloomington, IL to pick up Meg Peifer to start on another excellent adventure.
We arrived in Marion, OH, about 8:45.  We pottied dogs, fed dogs, unloaded and then had a quick bite to eat before settling down.  Friday morning, we had a leisurely morning, time to bath dogs before showing and find the show site.  It was a small entry, but a point available on both sides.  Style (Loteki It's A Good Hair Day) was WB for a point.  BOB was CH Loteki In The Heat Of The Moment.  We took the dogs back to the room after the group was over and set out to go shopping.  We had a good time looking and all sorts of things in different stores and having an excellent dinner at a local Mexican restaurant before heading back to the motel.  The dogs were quiet enjoy the cool. 
Saturday morning, Papillons were a bit earlier, shortly after 11 a.m.  WD/BOW was Vendi, Loteki Raffica Di Vento.  WB was Style and BOB was Asia.  What a day!  The Toy group was midway and we came away with a Group TWO!!! with many multiple BIS toys competing!  I was thrilled.  Asia is such a great show dog, two weekends as a special four BOBs and two group placements!
We stopped at local Papillon owners, Carrie & Ed Hutchman and Louis.  It was lovely to be able to visit their lovely home.  Louis looked fabulous.  He is a lucky dog with a great home! 
Taking the dogs back to the motel again, and off for another fun shopping excursion, after a couple hours, back to the motel, feed the dogs, and then to dinner.  After dinner we relaxed with some happy dogs!

Sunday's show time was again in the afternoon.  The sun was hot, but the humidity was down a bit.  Vendi was WD/BOW again.  Style was reserve.  Asia won a select.  Thankfully we did not have to stay for the group, we quickly pottied everyone, water and ice in the crates, and off we head towards home!  We were making great time until we got to the west side of Indianapolis, where everything stopped.  Apparently NASCAR had taken over Indianapolis with the Brickyard 400 and all the exits off I-465 were closed.  Temps top 101 while we were sitting on I-465 hoping to get off to go west on I-74.  Finally, after no help from the Garmen, or the actual road signs, we made an alternate navigation plan and headed off on I-65 with traffic moving right along until about 15 miles down the road three lanes came to a stop as far as the eye could see.  After looking at the map, I decided to go with my gut and got off at the exit and head the direction I wanted to go.  We went on some narrow two lane roads, which brought us back to I-65 three miles down the road, with traffic moving.  We were off again.  The traffic delays put us about an hour and 20 minutes behind, but we were safe, the dogs were cool and home was again on the horizon.
We arrived at Meg's about 7:45 p.m., we unloaded Meg's dogs and stuff quickly.  My dogs got a pottied break (me, too!), their supper, a quick stop for fuel and we were off again by 8:30. 
I pulled into the drive at 11:45, tired, but happy to be home.  I unloaded the dogs, who took several laps around the yard, got a drink, pottied and were ready to come in.  I said hello to everyone who stayed at home, including Eleanor who was loudly meowing at me, put the guys that were with me to bed and headed there my self, crawling into bed about 12:15 a.m.  It was great to be in my own bed!
Morning started at 6:15, lots to accomplish, including unloading, laundry, cleaning crates and getting settled back in from a long successful weekend.  Love to go, but it is so good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment