Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More show news

Terry and I went to the DeWitt show on April 2nd.  The wind was cold, but it is definitely spring.  We had good results with Henri winning another point.  Asia won the bitch points and was BOW and BOS.  Hillary was Select so also got a point.  We had lunch provided by the 4-H club with friends and went home. 

When we came home, Terry worked on the guest bedroom, which has slowed due to unforeseen findings when we pulled up the carpet, but the room and ceiling is painted so once the closet is painted the flooring will go down.  I cannot wait to have another room done with my beautiful new wood floors!

Cheryl Brown (TN) wrote of her boys at the Teacup Agility trial, held on Saturday, April 9th, "It was a perfect day for our Felix at the TDAA trial today.  The sweet boy Q'ed in all 5 of his runs (3 Games and 2 Standards).  I messed up Jackson in one run and he messed up in another and so he only Q'ed in the 3 Games." 

Sunday they had yet another trial,  "Fee had another perfect day!" Felix Q'ed in all 9 of his runs.

I drove to DeKalb after work on Saturday.  (ACT test day!)  I had an absolutely lovely evening at my friend, Patti Perkins' home.  Other guests were Annemarie Dehicke and her sister, Pat O'Toole.  Annemarie has my dear Royce, who love the life of an only dog!  It was wonderful to see everyone.  We had a leisure dinner, and then watched to the dogs play.  My three did their best to entertain!  They had so much fun with the Perkins dogs' toy box!   Sunday morning we all went to the dog show.  It was quite humid and warm with severe storms predicted for the day. 

Asia was WB and BOW for another point and Hillary was BOS.  Patti was pressed into service to take Asia back in.  It was her first time experience.  She did very well, but given a lesson on holding the lead by our judge.  Everyone was smiling and enjoying the time.

We visited a bit more had brunch and I drove home without incident. 

Terry had tilled up the new garden, so it is now ready to plant.  We went out to dinner with my sister, Susan and her husband.  The weather changed and the humidity and threat of storms had passed us. 

I have been watching the eagle cam in Decorah with three eaglets each day.  Enjoy!  http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers