Saturday, January 8, 2011

A sad day in our life

"BIKINI"

CH Loteki Beach Party

August 24, 1996 - January 8, 2011

A grand lady left this earth today, a gentle spirit, a show dog extraordinaire, but most importantly, my very good friend, travel partner and bed buddy.

Bikini was born the only girl of a litter of four. She was the daughter of another very special dog in my life, Shelley (CH Loteki Outrageous Fortune), who in turn was the daughter of my Gypsy (CH Loteki Denzel Fortuneteller).  She was my special favorite from very early on. Her first show at 8 months she won a four point major. She had a lot of great and memorable wins during her show career. She loved to go to dog shows and was always ready go to one!  I remember how when she knew I was bathing dogs and packing she would run out to the van and run around it just waiting to jump in, get in a crate and wait with anticipation. 

She won BOB at Westminster in 2000 and made the cut in the group.  I was so lucky to be on the end of her lead, she loved it so much, she made me look good, when she was such a star.  We had such a great time in New York that year!  Bikini took to walks on the street like she had been doing it all her life. She never skipped a beat coming into the hotel, the doorman would open the door for her and she just went right through! It just made you smile. She made me smile a lot.

Bikini had three Best In Specialty wins, numerous BOS, group placements, and was the Silver Butterfly winner in 2000. She won the Veteran's class many times at the National and other specialties. In 2009, she was Best Veteran at the National. She bounced and wagged and put on a show!  I knew it was her last show, her retirement show.  She LOVED the big rings, the more room and more times she was "sent around", the better she liked it so she could move out. She had many wins, there are so many memories. She touched so many lives.

She had one live litter of one puppy - Crumpet.  She never had another live litter, although disappointing as a breeder, I was always glad to have had Bikini.

Our lives are so much fuller for having her in our lives. Her spot on the bed is going to seem enormously empty, but it does not compare to the hole in my heart that she leaves.

We will miss her joyful spirit, her company and just having a beautiful girl like her gracing our home. She had a sparkle about her that made you smile. She was just a great dog, a fabulous show dog, and a beautiful Papillon - dainty, fine-boned, elegant!

I love you Bikini, I always will. Thank you for loving me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, she was one of the "great" ones. Take Care, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Followers